Ok so for those you that know me, this is no surprise, I LOVE to shop and I love a great bargain! I'd say it kind of a hobby, but more of an illness. Thanks mom! Anyway, I will have a section devoted specifically to brag about my great buys and secrets for saving money and even making money! This can be a great skill if you needed the item anyway, but a lot of times I just find myself buying stuff I don't need because I CANNOT pass up a great deal! That is where ebay comes in handy.
Todays deals: We went to Market Square to specifically to find a deal on light bulbs and something else, can't even remember now. What did I walk away with? I did find the lightbulbs, needed 10 halogen light bulbs for can lights at the new house, they retail for $8/each. That's a lot of money for freaking light bulbs! I found them for $3/each plus they were an additional 25% off! What should've cost me $80, I spend $22.50, plus I needed them. Ryan would be so proud!
I also found house numbers for the new house. I just bought some at Restoration Hardware last week. Spent $32 and that was with a 20% off coupon, they are going back. I found other ones we liked better for $4! Only problem is they are different colors, but nothing a can of spray paint can't fix right?!
But I also picked up a light fixture I didn't need. I found a GORGEOUS Robert Abbey light fixture that I just so happened to see online 2 weeks ago. I don't need it and will have to hunt for a place to put it but I LOVE it! It retails for $200 new and I picked it up for $66 plus 25% off, that is $50!!!!!!!!!! Remember, I told you I was ill! http://www.csnlighting.com/Robert-Abbey-S662-rab2237.html
So while Ryan is out busting his tail, I am spending his hard earned moola! But I did make some money today. I sold a Bed Bath & Beyond coupon I got in the mail and wasn't going to use anyway on ebay for $8.53. I sold 2 Babies R Us Coupons that I wasn't going to use, $10. Sold 2 Toys R Us Coupons, both for $5. Sold a Gymboree coupon for $3.83 earlier this week. I bought a Pottery Barn KidsCoupon on ebay for $4.50, use it at Pottery Barn Kids and saved $16 on stuff I was going to buy for Mia for her birthday anyway, but then I sold it for $5! But the real kicker is I got some coupons from Pottery Barn in the mail at the new house. There were 3 10% off coupons that I was not going to use. So I sold them on ebay for a grand total of $55. Remember this is just my hobby. I'm still a full time mom and doing my loan business on the side!
Remember I said I couldn't pass up a good deal. I recently bought some real UGG children's boots at the local thrift store. They were a size 10, Mia is currently a 5 and I didn't want to store them forever. Plus I didn't know if they'd be in style once they finally fit. So I sold them on ebay for $50. Talk about easy money$$$.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Melissa! Good to hear some news from you. Congrats on your new house, it looks really cool and unique. Good luck on the home improvements!
jana
Post a Comment