Friday, October 24, 2008

Is This Normal!?

So now that we have Mia I totally understand why every parent thinks their child is beautiful and the smartest even IF they are not! So being the unbiased parent that I am I just have to say I can't believe how much my child can communicate! It is quite scary, she's not even 2 and I find myself having conversations with her.

Yesterday, I was on the phone with a co-worker talking about a loan. Mia was talking in the background and I replied "yes." My co-worker asked if I really understood what she was saying or just responding to be polite. And the fact of the matter is there is rarely a time when I don't understand what she wants. She is quite clear in what she wants and if you don't give it to her you'll get one of two responses 1. a very nice and loud "PLEEEEEASE" or 2. a full blown on the floor tantrum! I personally prefer #1.

The other night for example she was taking a bath and floating around on her belly, I couldn't resist her cute little tush and started pinching it saying "my bum, my bum, my bum" her response, "no mine, I need it" I just thought to myself, are you kidding me?! What 2 year old says that?

And yet another example, the other night I was doing something in the kitchen I think putting grocery's away. When out of the blue Mia says "good job mommy," and starts clapping. All I could do was laugh!

She is constantly telling her baby "I love you baby" and even tells mom and dad she loves us. I'll have to cherish these prescious memories when she is a teenager. But for now I am enjoying her toddler talk and am glad I'm not one of those moms yearning for adult conversation so they'll just talk to anyone or anything that will listen!

But again I'll pose my question. Is this normal?

No comments: